Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design major and minor modifications to electrical systems to help incorporate installation of HVAC equipment.
- Complete design/build electrical design of major building renovations.
- Develop system design concepts and the scope design, along with the scope documents (drawings and specs).
- Finalize the electrical system design and prepare construction documents after the contract award.
Review & Update
- Inventory existing equipment and evaluate the condition and operation of existing building systems.
- Check existing drawings and survey existing site conditions to determine the best possible locations for new equipment.
- Identify problem areas that will affect design of new systems.
- Review shop drawings.
- Update construction documents and develop final as-builts.
- Perform preliminary cost estimates.
- Provide technical assistance to operations during the project implementation phase.
- Work in conjunction with the project Mechanical Engineer to assist with system design and scope design concepts and documents.
- Integrity – Act with integrity; truthfulness, fairness and honesty.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations – Work hard to exceed client expectations.
- Compassion – Conduct oneself as a steward of PSI, supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – Take responsibility for one’s actions and decisions.
- Pace and Variety of Activities -- Varied activities with multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks. Continual problem/solution identification in a fast-paced environment.
- Focus -- Technical/analytical focus while working within established systems, standards, and procedures
- Delegation and Leadership Style -- Leadership focused on efficient, accurate, quality work output.
- Integrity – Acts in an honest, trustworthy, high integrity manner; makes and keeps commitments.
- Communication – Collaborates in a positive and productive way. Communicates in a way that is analytical and detail oriented.
- Goal Oriented – Drives to meet goals in a motivated and self-directed way; works hard with limited supervision.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s main business office.
- Onsite engineering surveys, meetings, and presentations will normally be held at the prospects’ offices located throughout the state.
- BSEE from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Professional Engineer registration in states where projects are conducted is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing traditional plan and specification projects in the construction industry.
- Experience working on lighting design is a plus.