Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Electrical and Solar Photovoltaic System Design
- Utilize Helioscope/PVSyst as well as AutoCAD/Revit to create initial layouts for the solar projects.
- Interpret civil and structural documents to assist in the design process.
- Design major and minor modifications to electrical systems to help incorporate installation of solar projects.
- Complete electrical design including single line drawings for solar projects.
- Develop system design concepts along with the scope documents using PSI standards (drawings and specs).
- Finalize the electrical system design and prepare construction documents after the contract award.
- Inventory existing building electrical equipment and evaluate the condition and operation of existing systems for interconnection purposes.
- Check existing drawings and survey existing site conditions to determine the best possible locations for the solar project.
- Identify problem areas that will affect design of new systems.
- Review shop drawings.
- Update construction documents and develop final as-builts.
- Perform preliminary cost estimates.
- Provide technical assistance to operations during the project implementation.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to assist with system design concepts and documents.
- Integrity – Act with integrity; truthfulness, fairness and honesty.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations – Work hard to exceed customer expectations.
- Compassion – Conduct oneself as a steward of PSI, supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – Take responsibility for one’s actions and decisions.
- Pace and Variety of Activities -- Varied activities with multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks. Continual problem/solution identification in a fast-paced environment.
- Focus -- Technical/analytical focus while working within established systems, standards, and procedures.
- Delegation and Leadership Style -- Leadership focused on efficient, accurate, quality work output.
- Integrity – Acts in an honest, trustworthy, high integrity manner; makes and keeps commitments.
- Communication – Collaborates in a positive and productive way. Communicates in a way that is analytical and detail oriented.
- Goal Oriented – Drives to meet goals in a motivated and self-directed way; works hard with limited supervision.
- Technical Ability – Technically competent and capable of understanding of complex engineering concepts.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s main business office in Indianapolis, IN.
- Additional hours may be required in the evenings or weekends depending on proposal deadlines or other events.
- Occasional travel as necessary.
- BSEE/BSEET from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing solar arrays 50kW and larger.
- Professional Engineer registration is preferred.
- AC electrical design experience.
- Experience or knowledge of medium voltage systems.
- NABCEP certification is a plus.
- Experience with battery energy storage systems is a plus.
- Experience reading and understanding technical specifications and construction documents.
- Experience with professional oral and written communication skills.