Duties, Tasks and ResponsibilitiesEngineering Initiative
- Oversee the projects and processes of the Engineering Team.
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures.
- Propose and maintain budgets for the department.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures for growth and continued success.
- Aid in the strategic process of development.
- Advance and expand activities related to design, development, and production of engineering objectives.
- Improve efficiency of engineering activities by researching and expanding knowledge of industry trends and advancements.
- Provide strategic solutions for problems and assist in efficiency improvements.
- Ensure that quality is maintained and cultivated.
- Management & Leadership
- Effectively and regularly communicate with team members.
- Establish team focus by developing and communicating goals in support of the visions and values of Performance Services.
- Develop others by delegating responsibility, providing high-impact performance feedback, and assisting in conflict resolution.
- Manage organizational transformation through effective oral and written communications, problem solving, and an appropriate work environmental structure.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Prepare and provide engineering related presentations.
- Communicate with customers and employees.
- Assist in the training and onboarding of new employees to the Engineering Team.
- Communicate change and training to team members.
- Integrity – We act with integrity; truthful, fair and honest.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations – Work hard to exceed customer expectations.
- Compassion – We are stewards of PSI supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – We take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Communication – Manages and collaborates in a way that is goal oriented and to-the-point, while motivating and engaging others. Promotes the culture of Performance Services.
- Variety – Leads and oversees multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership – Leads by example with a strong management of the work process from the beginning to the end of the process.
- Decision Making – Focuses on the big picture by making strategic decisions that are well thought out and analyzed. Decisions are calculated with responsible risk taking.
- Creativity – Develops new ideas, systems, and technology. Uses creativity to ensure improvement.
- Commitment – Focuses on making and keeping commitments. Interested in the both personal development as well as the development of Performance Services.
- Attention to Detail – Completes very precise work with a strong attention to detail to identify and correct errors. Strong focus on facts, established procedures, and proven processes. Ensures compliance of all policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Goal Oriented – Focuses on accomplishing goals with high quality work.
- Initiative – Works at a steady and even pace without regular, constant supervision. Self-directed, motivated. Stays well organized and is able to multitask.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s main business office.
- Work hours vary based on workload, but will generally average 45-50 hours per week.
- Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- 10 years of engineering experience is required.
- 5-10 years in engineering management is required.
- Successful experience leading and managing a team is required.