Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Lead Solar Photovoltaic System Design
- Lead the solar engineering team by providing technical guidance, coordination, and scheduling of solar engineering resources.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to both establish new and maintain existing design best practices.
- Train new or developing solar engineers as needed.
- Utilize Helioscope/PVSyst as well as AutoCAD/Revit to create initial layouts for the solar projects.
- Interpret civil and structural documents to assist in the design process
- Design major and minor modifications to electrical systems to help incorporate the installation of solar projects.
- Complete electrical design including single line drawings for solar projects.
- Develop system design concepts along with the scope documents using PSI standards (drawings and specs).
- Finalize the electrical system design and prepare construction documents after the contract award.
- Inventory existing building electrical equipment and evaluate the condition and operation of existing systems for interconnection purposes.
- Check existing drawings and survey existing site conditions to determine the best possible locations for the solar project.
- Identify problem areas that will affect design of new systems.
- Review shop drawings.
- Update construction documents and develop final as-builts.
- Perform preliminary cost estimates.
- Provide technical guidance to other solar engineers and operations during project implementation
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to assist with system design concepts and
- Integrity – Act with integrity; truthfulness, fairness, and honesty.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations – Work hard to exceed customer expectations.
- Compassion – Conduct oneself as a steward of PSI, supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – Take responsibility for one’s actions and decisions.
- Pace and Variety of Activities -- Varied activities with multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks. Continual problem/solution identification in a fast-paced Focus -- Technical/analytical focus while working within established systems, standards, and procedures.
- Delegation and Leadership Style -- Leadership focused on efficient, accurate, quality work
- Integrity – Acts in an honest, trustworthy, high integrity manner; makes and keeps
- Communication – Collaborates in a positive and productive way. Communicates in a way that is analytical and detail
- Goal Oriented – Drives to meet goals in a motivated and self-directed way; works hard with limited supervision.
- Technical Ability – Technically competent and capable of understanding complex engineering concepts.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s main business office in Indianapolis, IN or Lombard, Site visits as needed to verify existing conditions and installation progress.
- Additional hours may be required in the evenings or weekends depending on proposal deadlines or other events.
- Occasional travel as necessary.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the individual occupying this position. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. Performance Services, Inc. is an EEO employer that values integrity and workplace diversity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- BSEE/BSEET from an accredited college or university is
- Minimum of 6 years of experience designing solar arrays 300kW and larger.
- Professional Engineer registration and NABCEP certification is a
- AC electrical design experience is a
- Experience or knowledge of medium voltage systems is a
- Experience with battery energy storage systems is a plus.
- Experience reading and understanding technical specifications and construction
- Experience with professional oral and written communication