Improving HVAC Systems to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
With the ongoing concerns surrounding COVID-19 and the speed at which things are changing, we understand that our customers are adapting building operations. Many members of the scientific community (including ASHRAE and the CDC) have made statements regarding the role that HVAC systems can play in reducing the spread of the aerosol transmission of COVID-19. Most recommendations focus on the following:
- Increasing ventilation
- Installing high efficiency air filters
- Maintaining space humidity between 40-60 percent
- Extending system runtimes to increase ventilation and filtration
- Verifying functionality of building automation systems
Air purification emerging technology can be explored to supplement primary methods, including:
- UVC lighting
- Bipolar ionization
All recommendations can have a significant impact on occupant safety and the operation of existing HVAC systems. However, due to the complexity, variety, age and condition of systems, implementing recommendations can be very challenging. Performance Services has the experience and expertise to investigate your existing HVAC systems and propose options to meet the challenge that COVID-19 presents.
School Building HVAC Recommendations
- HVAC Recommendations for School Closures
- K-12 Best Practices for Healthy Buildings During COVID-19
- Reopening School Buildings After a COVID-19 Shutdown
Please contact us for a no-obligation facility assessment or with any specific questions you may have about the indoor air quality in your buildings by filling out the form below.