Guaranteed energy savings contract
Contracts (Ph I&II)
Community Unit School District 300 is located near Chicago in Carpentersville, Illinois. The school district is home to more than 20,800 students. CUSD 300 hired Performance Services to complete energy savings projects in 2013 and 2014 to replace aged equipment and enhance energy efficiency.
This phase included a complex central boiler plant design for Harry D. Jacobs High School. The team was tasked with maximizing the efficiency of the plant while also installing new controls that could be integrated into the existing system.
- New high-efficiency air-cooled chillers
- Variable frequency drive retrofit on air handling motors
- Controls upgrade
- Exterior lighting upgrade
- New high efficiency condensing boilers
- New hot water pump with variable frequency drives
- New domestic hot water heaters
This phase included utilizing a unique rooftop unit design in order to meet budget requirements. The rooftop unit complex controls required exceptional effort to ensure the units operated effectively.
- Replaced unit vents
- Provided new piping and transfer ductwork for ventilation
- Installed new economizer relief fan to allow units to fully economize
- Controls system upgrade with enhanced scheduling, trending, alarms and graphical interface
- Rooftop unit replacements with piping and valves replacement
business development manager