Lighting and HVAC Upgrades
Contract Total (Ph. I-IV)
Energy Star Certified 2013-2018
Fort Wayne Community Schools (FWCS) began working with Performance Services in 2011 with the implementation of our Energy Leadership behavioral-based energy savings plan which saves the District $1.2 million annually. After realizing these savings, Fort Wayne Community Schools was ready to implement facility improvements in order to further save energy. Their seven-year partnership with Performance Services has led to four lighting and HVAC-related energy savings projects. The focus of the projects was to upgrade old and inefficient lighting and outdated HVAC infrastructure at select schools and add energy efficient HVAC in schools that had none. Performance Services accomplished this by making existing equipment more efficient through the use of new technology like updated building automation/controls and variable speed frequency drives to reduce fan motor speed, and updating the central plant at selected schools.
- Air Conditioning: Add/increase cooling to areas that had none or overheated through separate A/C units and increased airflow of existing fan systems.
- Heating/Cooling Plant: Installed new high-efficiency boilers and more efficient chillers
- Controls: new digital controls on HVAC systems
- Building Pressurization: Install relief fans with variable speed to increase ventilation and balance static pressure
- CO2 levels measured to ensure levels are below 1000 PPM with outside dampers at minimum position
- Humidity: Levels measured below 65% RH in the summer
- Upgrade high-bay lighting to brighter, more efficient lighting and connect lighting to digital control system
- Install LED lighting in Natatorium and several school buildings and their related gymnasiums