Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Leadership & Management
- Provide overall leadership to the project team to ensure a safe, profitable & timely completed project.
- Conduct onsite meetings.
- Manage project team productivity.
- Confer with supervisors and all site staff to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
Planning & Scheduling
- Coordination of subcontractors and manage according to project schedule ensuring the corresponding talent available at the right times to meet necessary milestones & deadlines.
- Create and plan the schedule for each project.
- Understand & manage changes to the project plan
- Provide projections and manage changes due to weather, emergencies or other delays.
- Provide projections of materials, equipment & inventory.
- Provide reports on timeline, progress & adjustments.
Oversight & Safety
- Ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client’s needs and wants are efficiently met.
- Ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Ensure safety codes are adhered to onsite.
- Order, manage and oversee delivery of materials and equipment.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Work with subcontractors to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with road and site construction projects.
Contracts & Permits
- Provide overall contract administration throughout close-out of assigned projects.
- Write and award contracts. (KM confirming if needs to be “review” or “collaborate on”)
- Negotiate contracts with vendors & suppliers
- Submit permit applications.
- Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and state regulations are met.
Collaboration & Communication
- Provide assistance in the estimating process to the Engineering/ Estimating team to help ensure accuracy.
- Proactively communicate between the client and the project team to ensure that everyone is properly informed of necessary information.
- Maintain excellent direct communication with the project team to proactively manage potential site issues.
- Integrity - We act with integrity; truthful, fair and honest.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations - Work hard to exceed client expectations.
- Compassion – We are stewards of PSI supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – We take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Strong leadership – Determines long-term project plans and day-to-day activities for self and others. Final person on site to whom issues can be escalated for resolution.
- Broad Expertise – Expertise and experience across all aspects of the project to provide effective decision-making, management and oversight in all areas.
- Time Management – Ability to develop detailed plans and estimates, according to a long-term timeline and its milestones, to achieve the agreed upon result; while remaining nimble enough to handle what cannot be anticipated.
- Communication – Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively with field staff, internal project team and clients; functioning as the communication liaison between them.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites.
- The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- This position may be performed in outside weather conditions.
- 4-year degree or industry experience equivalent preferred.
- Background in Educational and Commercial construction.
- 6-10 years experience in commercial construction.
- Experience in Design Build methodology of project development is a plus.