Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Analysis & Projections
- Perform energy audit; analyze & evaluate findings.
- Propose efficiency solutions.
- Develop project cost estimates & assist in obtaining pricing from contractors & vendors.
- Perform preliminary and detailed facility studies/energy audits to identify energy conservation opportunities, facility needs and potential facility improvements.
- Analyze utility rate structures and consumption/demand histories.
- Evaluate the condition and operation of existing building systems.
- Perform energy savings and operational savings calculations.
- Develop bidding documents required for final project costing. Assist operations in obtaining contractor and vendor pricing.
- Develop preliminary and final project cost estimates.
- Propose efficiency saving solutions with accurate cost estimates.
- Design energy conservation measures and building systems upgrades.
Documentation & Bid Submission
- Document solutions & prepare documents for bid proposals.
- Provide technical assistance by overseeing the work of other in-house engineers and/or outside resources; to operations during the project implementation phase.
- Provide written documentation to the BDM and management concerning recommended energy conservation measures, building upgrades, energy savings potentials and costs estimates.
Technical Assistance & Quality Assurance
- Provide technical assistance to operations during the project implementation phase. Maintain thorough, up-to-date knowledge about local, state and federal standards and regulations pertaining to providing services to youth and their families.
- Provide technical assistance to the performance assurance engineering and energy accounting groups, including supporting the ENERGY Star® certification process. Proactively take advantage of professional growth opportunities.
- May include overseeing the work of other in-house engineers and/or outside resources.
Identify & Obtain New Projects
- Collaborate and partner with the Business Development Manager (BDM) in the identification and qualification of potential projects.
- Work with the BDM to cultivate relationships with the client to identify needs and propose effective and integrated solutions.
- Collaborate with the BDM and team members in the development of preliminary and final proposals, meetings and presentations.
- Integrity - We act with integrity; truthful, fair and honest.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations - Work hard to exceed client expectations.
- Compassion – We are stewards of PSI supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – We take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Specialized Expertise - Understands the big picture goals clearly; developing detailed, accurate plans & estimates to achieve the agreed upon result.
- Communication - Applies high-level of technical expertise; yet can discuss and present to non-technical people or clients so they understand and are comfortable.
- Analysis - Listens effectively to analyze, hear details and be thorough in uncovering client needs to deliver them the best value.
- Collaboration - Collaborates effectively with others as part of a team to obtain and move client projects forward.
- Self-Directive - Determines and manages own activities day-to-day with little direction needed.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s office.
- Onsite engineering surveys, meetings and presentations will normally be held at our prospects’ offices.
- Work hours vary based on workload, but should average 50 hours per week.
- Long hours are normally required prior to proposal submissions.
- Board presentations are normally held at night from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing traditional plan and specification projects in the HVAC industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing energy engineering functions in support of performance contracting projects is preferred.
- BSME or BSMET from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Professional Engineer registration in states where projects are conducted is preferred.