Paris ISD Receives Rebate Check for Energy Savings Project
Paris, TX. Paris ISD partnered with Performance Services in 2019 to implement a guaranteed energy savings performance contract to improve their facilities. This process started with the need to address the district's aging and inefficient energy systems and provide a more optimal learning environment for all students.
The money and energy saved because of this energy project will have a long-term impact on the district. Larry Jones, Performance Services Business Development Manager, presented the district with a $106,657.42 check at the October School Board meeting. Larry noted, "This check represented rebates that Performance Services applied for and received through Oncor. Paris ISD qualified for these rebates because of the energy-efficiency upgrades completed during the project. The administration's commitment to teamwork made this project a huge success!"
This project was completed this past summer and included the following:
- Upgrade HVAC at the High School gymnasium
- The installation of 382 new HVAC units at T. G. Givens Early Childhood Center,
- Justiss Elementary, Aikin Elementary, Crocket Intermediate, Paris Junior High School, and Travis School of Choice
- Weather strip and seal exterior doors and roof/wall joints at Paris High School and Paris Junior High
- Walk-in cooler optimization at cafeterias
- Interior LED lighting upgrades across the District
- Installing high-efficiency restroom facilities to improve water conservation