Brian Ondyak loves to talk about the benefits of solar energy. He is continually amazed at how minor tweaks in the procurement process can lead to dramatically different project outcomes. While creative engineering solutions will continue to advance the industry, he believes some of the greatest innovations remain to be had on the procurement side of construction.
Brian began his career as a consulting engineer after graduating with honors from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Motivated to get to the core of energy-focused/high-performance construction, he joined Performance Services in 2010 as a Lead Engineer. Since joining, he has leveraged his leadership skills and moved into the position of National Solar Director. Armed with multiple perspectives and a long list of project experience, Brian is excited to educate customers on how to squeeze out the greatest value from their construction projects by introducing innovative solar and renewable energy solutions.
When not working, Brian enjoys spending time with his wife, children, and English bulldog.
- University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign, BS, Mechanical Engineering, 2005
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business, MBA, 2016
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials, Associate Member
- Professional Engineer - IL license #062062208
- LEED Accredited Professional - USGBC