Hector joined the Performance Services team in 2023. For the past 17 years, Hector has been working with Florida local governments to identify strategies to fund and implement capital improvement projects. Over the years, Hector has developed projects consisting of traditional energy conservation measures, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) for water and electric services, LED conversion of streetlighting and a 2MW solar installation atop a capped landfill.
After graduating from California Polytechnic University at Pomona with his bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Hector spent 20 years as a pilot in the US Navy, where he served in a variety of positions, including Advisor to the Royal Saudi Naval Aviation Command HQ, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Air Detachment Officer in Charge for a Middle East Operations & Counter Narcotics Operations, Flight Deck Officer aboard the aircraft carrier USS America (CV 66), and Flight Instructor at the Navy’s Primary Flight Training School, Pensacola, Florida. In addition to his BS in Civil Engineering, Hector received his master’s in business administration (MBA) from the University of Florida in 1999 while still serving in the US Navy.
Outside of work, Hector is an avid college and SEC fan and enjoys walking with his Boxer dog and best buddy, Butkus. Hector also enjoys golfing whenever the opportunity arises.
- University of Florida – Master of Business Administration
- California State Polytechnic University – Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
- LEED Accredited Professional (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- The Laboratory of Entrepreneurial Education & Leadership Development, Board Member
- International City & County Manager Association (ICMA), Former Sustainability Committee Member
- Business Watch, Businesses for Better Government, Former Board Member
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) – South Florida Chapter, Former Vice President