Michael combines diverse business experience with an exceptionally strong understanding of business planning and optimization. With performance contracting experience at national energy service companies (ESCOs), Michael joined Performance Services because of the company’s commitment to client satisfaction. A leader in the performance contracting industry, he uses his innovative skills to create performance contracting solutions for clients that have turned away from the industry. Michael has a record of “firsts” in the industry. He drove the first performance contracting project for the State of Michigan in over 15 years, and led legislation that mandates industry best practices. He also developed a master procurement agreement with the City of Chicago. He was the first president and co-founder of the Michigan chapter of the Energy Services Coalition. Michael ensures client satisfaction by developing savings strategies, interfacing with design teams, and developing an overall performance contract that is molded specifically to each client to ensure maximum benefit.
When not working, Michael is dedicated to his wife Pam, his extended family and his constant companion, his golden retriever, Frank.
U.S. Department of Energy, Federal Energy Management Program Certifications in:
- Advanced Metering Requirements and Best Practices
- Program Commissioning for Federal Facilities
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts
- ESPC Pricing and Financing
- Federal Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Reporting
- Utility Energy Service Contracts and Energy Project Incentive Funds
- Guiding Principles for High-Performance and Sustainable Buildings
- Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) Great Lakes Region Board of Directors
- Michigan School Business Officials – MSBO
- Michigan Association of School Administrators – MASA
- Energy Services Coalition
- Utilities Center for Excellence
- Detroit Economic Club