Dr. Desi Kirchhofer’s 30-year career in education began in the Mehlville School District in 1991. In addition to his experience teaching high school English, Kirchhofer coached hundreds of students in football, track, and wrestling. Seeing the positive impact on students in the classroom and in sports drove him to continue his education. After obtaining his Master of Education, Educational Specialist degrees, and several certifications, Kirchhofer returned and received his Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Maryville University. He served as a superintendent in the Northwest R-I School District and previously held several administrative positions in the Parkway School District.
In addition to his education consultant role at Performance Services, Dr. Kirchhofer is involved in professional and community organizations. He has served on the Missouri Department of Secondary and Elementary Commissioner’s Council, co-chair for the Missouri Association of School Administrators and Central Office Administrators committee (MASA/COA), and belongs to the National Association for School Superintendents and the Missouri Association for School Public Relations. He has also presented at several educational conferences here in Missouri and throughout the country. Many of those presentations centered around leadership and learning in our schools and communities.
Desi is married to his wife, Terri, a senior vice president and general auditor for the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. They have two adult children, Tori and Desi Jr. Tori is a graduate of the University of Alabama, and Desi Jr. is a graduate of the University of Missouri.
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership – Maryville University 2015
- Education Specialist – University of Missouri, St. Louis 2006
PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- “Building Strong Community Relationships” – MOASBO Spring Conference 2020
- “Leadership Matters: Make it Personal” – MASA/COA Fall Conference 2016
- Education Plus Board of Directors, President 2020
- Jefferson County Superintendents Association, President 2019
- Northwest Jefferson County Chamber, Vice President
- High Ridge Rotary