Maryanne joined Performance Services in 2019 after working in public education for 34 years. In the role of educational planner, Maryanne works closely with the architectural group and customers to define programming requirements for educational facility studies and projects. During her career, she was an elementary and middle school teacher, assistant principal, principal, curriculum and instruction consultant, director of elementary education and assistant superintendent for teaching and learning. In her assistant superintendent role, Dr. McMahon secured math and science partnership grants with Purdue University worth more than $500,000. During lean years, she helped lead an efficiency task force that saved the school corporation over $350,000. Her community outreached included spearheading efforts to give greater voice to parents through partnership work groups focusing on school-based needs. Maryanne has experience with successful capital project referendum campaigns.
Maryanne was appointed by the governor to the State Board of Education in 2016 and served through June of 2019. During this time, she served on a national Early Childhood Education Workforce that explored trends promoting best practice in support of kindergarten readiness and high-quality pre-K programming.
Maryanne’s professional philosophy has always been student-centered with a strong belief that pedagogy matters. She spent most of her career supporting teachers and administrators to be innovative and collaborative professionals with an expectation to always keep learning. Her work in schools centered around developing strong systems to support ALL students to be successful on their educational journey.
- Indiana State University - BS Elementary Education, 1985
- Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis - Masters Elementary Education, 1990
- Butler University - Administrative Certification, 1994
- Indiana State University - Ph.D., 2010
- Leadership Hendricks County - Member, 2015
- YMCA Hendricks County Board - Member, 2014-2016
- Statewide STEM Coalition - Member, 2015-2019
- Indiana State Board of Education - Member, 2016-2019
- National Assocation of State Boards of Education - Member, 2016-2019
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development - Member, 2005-Present