Pat joined Performance Services in July of 2019 following a distinguished 29-year career in Michigan public education. He began his career as a math and chemistry teacher in Durand, Michigan. While completing his post-graduate work Pat held a similar position with Plainwell Community Schools. He began his administrative career as an assistant principal in Dexter, Michigan. Following his time in Dexter he became the middle school principal in Union City, Michigan. After a year in that role, he became the Director of Curriculum Instruction and Assessment for the same district. Finally, after eight years in that position, he was promoted to the Superintendent position. Pat would go on to hold the position for the next 12 years. He retired from his superintendent position in June of 2019.
During his time as Superintendent, Pat implement one of the first one-to-one technology programs in the entire state. This program brought much acclaim for its forward-thinking. Pat was also fortunate to be involved in 11 different construction projects that included a wide range of project types. These experiences allowed him a strong understanding of construction projects as well as funding. Pat’s philosophy for education is maximizing all available resources to provide the best possible service and environment for the children we serve. This has been unwavering throughout his career.
- Western Michigan University – Masters of Arts, Educational Leadership
- Central Michigan University – Bachelor of Science, Secondary Education
- Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals (MASSP)
- Association for School Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Michigan Association for School Administrators (MASA)
- American Association of School Administrators (AASA)
- Michigan Association for School Boards (MASB)