Joe joined the Performance Services team in May 2023 to lead the growing Texas team. He leverages 35 years of experience, from technology startups to publicly traded multinationals. He is an award-winning entrepreneur, having worked with high-growth companies as a senior executive, advisor, and investor. Joe has a proven ability to access market challenges, develop key strategies, and create action plans to build successful teams. Joe’s strengths include balancing strategic vision with tactical execution, and he is passionate about mentoring and developing people. He has served on 20+ business and philanthropic boards, including Bolt for Heart, Jameson Camp, and St. Luke Pastoral Council.
Joe was first introduced to Tim Thoman more than 20 years ago. Since then, they have worked together on various business and charitable endeavors. Joe was attracted to Performance Services because of Tim’s commitment to excellence and the company’s dedication to its mission, guiding principles, and, most importantly, its people. Performance Services’ world-class employee and client satisfaction commitment are unmatched, and Joe is eager to serve Texas clients with the same level of responsibility in his new role. Joe has experienced design and construction from the client’s perspective, so he is aware of the opportunities and challenges. He’s excited about leading the Texas team as it grows to provide high-performing learning and working environments and systems for its clients.
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business – Bachelor of Science in Business
- Past CEO of FAST BioMedical; Entrepreneur in Residence at Indiana Venture Center; President and CEO at First Mile Technologies; President at Brightpoint North America; and Vice President at MacMillan Computer Publishing
- U.S. and international business experience, including Western Europe, Japan, and China
- Culture-first approach to leadership with an eye for identifying, recruiting, and retaining talent to create high-performance teams
- Bolt for the Heart – Board Member, 2010-2021
- St. Luke Pastoral Council – Board Member, Vice Chair, 2019-2021
- Kidney Healthy Initiative – FDA & American Society of Nephrology – Board Member, 2014-2018
- Venture Club of Indiana, Inc. – Board Member, 2006-2012
- Jameson Camp – Board Member, 2001-2011