Tim Thoman earned his engineering degree from Purdue University in 1986 and upon graduation accepted a position at Johnson Controls in Ohio. There he learned the HVAC and temperature controls industry. Tim implemented eight successful guaranteed energy savings projects in Ohio before returning home to Indiana in 1991.
Joining Siemens, Tim implemented 27 guaranteed energy savings projects with Indiana schools and was named the "Professional of the Year" five times before deciding to strike out on his own. With a vision and passion for offering customers superior quality at a lower cost, Tim founded Performance Services in 1998 and has grown the company to a staff of over 170 employees in eight states.
The company guarantees high performing buildings with optimal environments. Solar energy solutions are also integral to its portfolio. Committed to energy conservation and sustainable practices, the company is a proven design-builder and the leading qualified provider of guaranteed energy savings projects and ENERGY STAR rated buildings. Company headquarters is located in Indianapolis, Indiana with regional offices in Arkansas, Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Texas, and Wisconsin. Performance Services measures, verifies and reports the energy use for more than 17 million square feet in its portfolio and provides annual reports to customers regarding their energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction objectives.
Since the company's founding, Performance Services has been greatly blessed with loyal customers, excellent employees, and steady growth. Tim is hopeful that by continuing to put customers first and by hiring and retaining excellent talent, the company will continue to thrive. Performance Services is a Best Places to Work employer in Indiana.
- Masters in Business Admin, Baldwin Wallace College 1990
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University 1986
- Association of School Business Officials affiliate member and exhibitor in states served
- Indiana IASBO Board Member
- Guest Speaker: Design-Build presentation, Guaranteed Savings Contract presentation, Optimal Learning Environment presentation, Facilities Directors Certification course BG125, MEP, and Technology
- Association of Public School Superintendents in states served
- 2017 Lockheed Martin Energy Top Trade Ally Network Provider
- 2016 Best Places to Work in Indiana #2 Medium Company Category Award
- 2013 Indiana Michigan Power Top Performing Registered Service Provider
- 2011 Example of Excellence Award, South Adams Schools Design-Build Project
- 2009 Best Places To Work in Indiana #1 Mid-Size Employer Award