Phil Yuska is no stranger to overcoming obstacles to reach new heights. A high school state champion in the pole vault, Phil earned an athletic scholarship to Purdue University and studied mechanical engineering with minors in economics and corporate communications. Upon graduation, Phil began his career with Siemens as a design engineer. Following his passion to create customized solutions for his clients, he later moved to business development to focus on control systems, security, life safety, and HVAC construction initiatives.
After 15 years of experience, Phil joined the Performance Services team in 2004 to expand the company’s presence in K-12, higher education, municipal, and commercial markets. Phil’s experience includes the design and implementation of master energy plans for both Purdue University’s Calumet and Ft. Wayne Campuses. In 2010-2011, Phil led his team on the implementation of a deep energy retrofit at the Indianapolis City-County Building, a $8 million guaranteed energy savings project and part of a City of Indianapolis $15 million project. Phil is an acknowledged contributor to the 2012 Retrofit Depot: Guide to Managing Deep Energy Retrofits by the Rocky Mountain Institute.
With client satisfaction as his guidepost, Phil recognizes that providing comprehensive and long-term solutions is the key to success and for building lasting client relationships.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University 1988
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- PSI Leadership Development Program, 2019
- ASHRAE Member
- Association of Energy Engineers
- Indiana Solar Working Group
- Society for Marketing Professional Services
- Association of University Research Parks – 2011 Conference Speaker/Facilities Track “Achieving High Performance Buildings”
- Missouri Association of Physical Plant Administrators – 2015 Conference Co-speaker/Facilities Track “Five Reasons to Promote Energy Savings Projects to Students”