Fast Track Summer Renovation
Annual Energy and Operational Savings
Daleville Community Schools selected Performance Services to complete a full mechanical renovation at Daleville Jr/Sr High School. During the 2014 - 2015 school year, Daleville adopted the popular balance calendar schedule that decreased the length of summer break and required a performance contract provider to implement the project on a fast-track schedule, allowing only 7 weeks for the construction phase of the project.
Through a coordinated effort with the owner, subcontractors, and Performance Services, the project was completed on time, on budget, and was awarded the Energy Star in July 2018.
"The Performance Services Team kept our project "on track" and we were very prepared to begin our school year with a much better learning environment for our students."
superintendent, Daleville community schools
- Replaced unit ventilators in 28 classrooms with ducted vertical classroom units
- Installed variable speed roof-mounted relief air fans
- New high-efficiency boilers
- Variable speed drives on air handlers and pumps
- New high-efficiency domestic water heater
- Replaced water-cooled chiller with new air-cooled chiller
- Installation of CO2 sensors to monitor air quality
- Modernization of building automation system
- Web-based digital controls workstation provides District the ability to remotely monitor and adjust classroom and building temperatures