Energy Master Plan
Annual Energy Savings
Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) selected Performance Services to develop an Energy Master Plan for their 17 campus buildings. Laying out both the short and long term opportunities, this campus-wide strategy showed how IPFW could significantly reduce energy usage. It also mapped out the potential for renewable energy solutions where they made sense for the campus.
The Energy Master Plan became the foundation for a Qualified Energy Savings (QES) project that Performance Services was awarded in 2013. Performance Services also worked closely with the utility, AEP, and IPFW to secure $110,000 in utility incentives that went directly to the university.
- Chiller water plant optimization
- HVAC control system upgrade and conversion to variable air flow
- Heat recovery system
- Demand-based ventilation control
- Lighting retrofits and occupancy controls
- Convert campus Building Automation System (BAS) to open platform
- Irrigation water control