McHenry School District 15 had old, outdated lighting at five schools, as well as schools that needed to upgrade their classroom unit vents and modernize their hot water system. The School District partnered with Performance Services to utilize Guaranteed Energy Savings Contracting in order to address these issues.
Performance Services worked from December 2014 through August 2015 to implement the HVAC and lighting replacement. The construction installation was completed over the summer break. Landmark Elementary, one of the buildings under construction, is a 112-year-old facility. Due to the old age of the building, the doors and entryways were not as large as more modern facilities. The new boiler had to be disassembled to fit into the school in pieces and then be reassembled once it was inside.
- Installed two high-efficiency condensing, natural gas-fired boilers at Landmark and Riverwood Elementary Schools
- Added new variable speed, dual temperature circulating pumps at Landmark and Riverwood Elementary Schools
- Replaced the domestic hot water heater at Duker and Landmark Elementary Schools
- New LED lighting fixtures at Riverwood Elementary School, McHenry Middle School, Parkland Middle School, Hilltop Elementary School, Valley View Elementary School, and the district office
- Added occupancy sensors for lighting in gym at McHenry Middle School
- Installed new vertical classroom unit vents at Hilltop Elementary School and Valley View Elementary School