Energy Savings Performance Contract
Annual Energy + Operational Savings
Milwaukee Public Schools' Wisconsin Conservatory of Lifelong Learning needed mechanical, electrical, and plumbing upgrades to increase the life of its energy systems and reduce maintenance and energy costs of the facility. MPS selected Performance Services to implement an energy savings performance contract that included energy improvements, lighting upgrades, and a roof replacement. In addition to these improvements, Performance Services also installed a 10 kW solar photovoltaic array on the roof to produce electricity for a science classroom and supplement curriculum.
- Upgraded interior and exterior lighting to LED
- Install high-efficiency boilers and chillers
- Replace air handling units
- Replace pneumatic controls with digital controls with energy efficiency sequences
- Replaced all VAV boxes and terminal heating equipment with new equipment for maximum energy efficiency
- Install high-efficiency water heaters
- New low flushometer toilets and faucets with flow moderators
- Replace 77,500 s.f. roof
- Install 10 kW solar array on roof, offsetting electricity for one science classroom while providing hands-on opportunity to supplement STEM curriculum
Business Development Manager
Jim Beckmann discusses the connection between indoor environmental quality and student achievement.