PFW Energy Master Plan
Energy Use Reduction
Annual Utility Savings
Purdue University Fort Wayne (PFW) selected Performance Services to develop an Energy Master Plan for their 17-campus buildings. Laying out both the short and long term opportunities, this campus-wide strategy showed how PFW could significantly reduce energy usage. It also mapped out the potential for renewable energy solutions where they made sense for the campus.
The Energy Master Plan became the foundation for a Qualified Energy Savings (QES) project. Performance Services also worked closely with the utility, AEP, and PFW to secure $110,000 in utility incentives that went directly to the university.
- Chiller water plant optimization
- HVAC control system upgrade and conversion to variable air flow
- Heat recovery system
- Demand-based ventilation control
- Lighting retrofits and occupancy controls
- Convert campus Building Automation System (BAS) to open platform
- Irrigation water control