The School District of Reedsburg serves the communities of Reedsburg, Ironton, LaValle, Loganville, and Rock Spring, WI, with an enrollment of more than 2,800 students in seven schools, including five elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. The District chose Performance Services to implement a guaranteed energy savings contract aimed at upgrading twenty-year-old HVAC equipment at both Reedsburg Area High School and Westside Elementary School. In addition to upgrading the HVAC systems, variable air volume boxes will be installed to provide better airflow and temperature control. Together these improvements will help the district save $149,253 annually in energy and operational costs and improve the learning environment.
- Removed nine boilers and install four larger condensing boilers
- Replaced two chillers with new air-cooled chillers
- Replaced and install new non-proprietary control system at the high school
- Converted the chilled water building system to a variable flow system
- Installed variable air volume boxes to provide better air and temperature control