Duties, Tasks and ResponsibilitiesProject Execution
- Develop and design energy management controls systems for optimal performance.
- Use AutoCAD products in order to execute projects.
- Create system diagrams, electrical install drawings, bill of material lists, and material procurements.
- Estimate and budget controls installation costs.
- Manage documentation for controls projects using Procore construction software.
- Manage onsite installation of energy management system with electrical contractor and internal staff.
- Conduct evaluation of existing control systems.
- Evaluate and qualify electrical and turnkey controls subcontractor proposals.
- Coordinate with manufacturers for factory mounted controls in order to meet installation schedule timelines for the project.
- Attend and contribute to required progress meetings in order to ensure proper project execution.
- Work to maintain customer satisfaction through verbal and written communication.
- Generate and manage project closeout documentation including final install and checkout documentation.
Behavioral CompetenciesCore Competencies
- Integrity – Act with integrity; truthfulness, fairness and honesty.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies. Exceed Expectations – Work hard to exceed customer expectations. Compassion – Conduct oneself as a steward of PSI, supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – Take responsibility for one’s actions and decisions.
- Pace and Variety of Activities -- Varied activities. Multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks. Continual problem/solution identification. Fast-paced environment.
- Focus -- Technical/analytical focus. Work within established systems, standards, and procedures.
- Decision-Making -- Authoritative, quick decision making within defined span of control. Focused on established systems and technologies. Fact-based, solution oriented.
- Communication and Collaboration -- Focused on job knowledge and expertise. Must provide clear, direct, authoritative direction to others. Collaborates in a manner that takes initiative, is interpersonal, and is professional.
- Delegation and Leadership Style -- Leadership focused on efficient, accurate, quality work output. Requires a strong, authoritative leadership style Job requires close control of process, tasks, and results
- Adaptability – Reacts to change in a manner that displays focus on results, while maintaining and displaying values and beliefs of Performance Services.
- Problem Solving – Solves problems and issues through technical aptitude.
- Attention to Detail – Focuses on details when reading and understanding technical specifications,construction plans, and contract requirements.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s main business office.
- Long hours may be required prior to proposal submissions.
- Some overnight travel will be required.
- Onsite engineering surveys, meetings and presentations will normally be held at our prospects’ offices located throughout the state.
- Onsite project management will be at project site locations throughout the state.
- 4 year degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Technical aptitude along with advanced computer skills are required.
- Experience with AutoCAD or another engineering CAD is required.
- Experience as a building automation or process control engineer is preferred.
- Experience with designing multiple brand EMS control systems such as Tridium, Alerton, Distech, Trane, Siemens, Honeywell, Automated Logic, Schneider Electric or Johnson Controls is preferred.
- Experience with DDC protocols such as Tridium, BACnet, and LON is preferred. Full understanding of typical HVAC systems such as hot water systems, chilled water systems, air handling units, unit ventilators, and VAV boxes is preferred.
- Full understanding of low voltage electrical systems is preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the individual occupying this position. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements.