Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Support & Programming
- Write system specific application programming.
- Develop physical and virtual point databases.
- Conduct point-by-point check-outs and system start-ups.
- Develop graphics.
- Set up panel to panel communications.
- Set up EMS operator workstation to client network communications.
- Set up remote access communications.
- Set up all reporting and alarming functions.
Maintenance & Assistance
- Work with the Performance Assurance Administrator to ensure that all EMS functions are in place required to facilitate his/her responsibilities.
- Review, inspect, test, and document the performance of HVAC, control, lighting, and other systems to assure that these systems are achieving desired results.
- Perform on-line and on-site trouble shooting of building performance problems throughout the term of our contracts.
- Assist the Service Group in resolving EMS problems on service agreement accounts.
- Assist Engineering in analyzing existing facilities and developing solutions during the proposal development phase.
Commission & Optimization
- Commission and optimize all building systems to ensure peak performance.
- Repeat the optimization process for three seasons after the initial commissioning and first season optimization is complete.
Communication & Collaboration
- Communicate with clients regarding projects.
- Provide training to clients on EMS.
- Communicate with and assist Performance Services employees regarding projects.
- Integrity – Act with integrity; truthfulness, fairness and honesty
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations – Work hard to exceed client expectations.
- Compassion – Conduct oneself as a steward of PSI, supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – Take responsibility for one’s actions and decisions.
- Pace and Variety of Activities -- Unambiguous work direction. Completing tasks from start to finish with a concern for getting work done on time and correctly.
- Focus -- Extremely task-oriented. High standards of quality and accuracy
- Decision-Making -- Adhering to established guidelines and procedures. Requires high degree of information gathering before making decision. Must be comfortable in making decisions in area of specialty or expertise.
- Communication and Collaboration -- Reserved, factual, formal and sincere communication.
- Delegation and Leadership Style -- Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s main business office.
- Some overnight travel will be required.
- Minimum of 2 year technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of HVAC experience as a Control Technician.
- Service background is strongly preferred.
- Experience serving K-12 schools is preferred.
- Engineering experience is preferred.