David joined the Performance Services team in 2018. He has 20 years of experience and specializes in working with Kentucky public school districts leverage the streamlined process and funding advantages of Guaranteed Energy Savings Contract (GESC) projects. These projects enable districts to fix facility problems, save money, improve indoor air quality (IAQ), and optimize learning environments. David leads the KY team and supports the customer throughout the process from the initial discovery to the project development. This also includes assisting with Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) processes, reviews, and approvals. During construction he transitions to a supporting role to ensure projects are implemented to assure complete customer satisfaction. In addition to typical energy conservation facility improvement measures (such as HVAC, building controls, and lighting), David and the Kentucky team provide solar photovoltaic for school districts as a renewable energy way to control energy costs and drive long term net savings to the general fund along with educational and environmental benefits. Recent KY projects include Marshall Co. Schools, Clark Co. Public Schools, Garrard Co. Schools, Ballard Co. Schools, Grant Co. Schools, and Fairview Independent Schools.
Prior to joining Performance Services he was employed by a national ESCO based in Louisville, KY for 10 years as a senior account executive selling performance contracting to state government agencies in Kentucky and Ohio. He has held his Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification since 2005.
David and his family live in a historic district in Louisville. Most weekends are committed to being involved with his two daughter’s activities, but when he gets a chance he enjoys bicycling, boating, and working on their 129-year-old home. David is a graduate of Purdue University.
- Purdue University - BS Genetic Biology, 1993
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Demand Side Manager (CDSM)
- Business Energy Professional (BEP)
- Kentucky School Boards Association (KSBA)
- Kentucky School Plant Management Association (KSPMA)
- Kentucky Association of School Administrators (KASA)
- Kentucky Association of School Superintendents (KASS)
- Kentucky Association of School Business Officials (KASBO)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Energy Services Coalition (ESC)