Steve Thoman majored in economics in college and for eight years during and after college, ran a successful asphalt seal coating and repair business. Steve enjoyed the successes and challenges of working with customers and employees. It was during this time that Steve learned the great value of providing excellent customer service to his customers.
Steve’s professional career started as a mortgage broker and then later spent five years with a financial services company. He joined Performance Services and attended his first IASBO meeting in the spring of 1999 and has never looked back. Working with K-12 schools allows him to build great relationships while doing important and meaningful work creating optimal learning environments for kids. Steve notes that working with Chris Rainey and Rich Warner on his engineering team is a pleasure because they complement one another well.
When not at work, Steve’s priority is his family. An avid sportsman, hobbies include golf, fishing and a competitive game of basketball with friends each week.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, Indiana University 1990
- Indiana Association of School Business Officials - service member and exhibitor
- Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents - service member and exhibitor
- Indiana Small and Rural Schools Association - service member
- Indiana School Board Association - service member and exhibitor