Garrard County Schools in Lancaster, KY was looking to implement solutions to address their facilities’ energy and operational savings, maintainability, and learning environment needs. In 2017 the District partnered with Performance Services to improve the energy efficiency of their 11 buildings, address their aging systems, and improve the learning environment for students and faculty. Implementing a 20-year guaranteed energy savings project, Garrard County Schools saved $151,102 in the first year of operation after the project, measured and verified savings that exceeded the guarantee by 44%. Energy use (EUI) per square foot reduced by 34.2%.
- All-new HVAC system, including new unit ventilators, fan coil units, boilers, chiller, variable speed pumps, and a direct digital control system for all HVAC at The Garrard Education Center
- Smart meters on all buildings to monitor electrical, natural gas, and water main service
- New high-efficiency boilers at two more of the District’s facilities
- LED interior and exterior lighting updates across all buildings
- Water conservation retrofits in all buildings