Design-Build New Construction
The new Mooresville Schools fitness center incorporates a state-of-the-art athletic complex and an expansion of the existing cafeteria. The District’s objectives included maintaining the history and culture of Mooresville High School and athletic success, improving aesthetics, modernizing the cafeteria, and incorporating more natural light throughout the building.
The new fitness center addition, named Pioneer Pavilion, and Pioneer Practice Facility are part of the high school campus and include a new fieldhouse for multipurpose use that is enriched with school spirit. In addition, the fitness center includes an elevated fitness track, wrestling room, weight/training room, and support spaces (training room, hospitality suite, community room, locker rooms, storage, and officials suite). The project also expanded and improved the cafeteria to accommodate student growth. Improvements help to improve the timing of lunch periods and increase instructional time while also providing a common space for large events and gatherings.
- New fitness center and weight room. This space is abundant with natural light, visual transparency, and seamless connectivity with adjacent spaces.
- Expanded cafeteria and seating to reduce lunch periods and provide additional instructional time. Additionally, this space can be used as a common space for large events or gatherings and is an inviting and pleasing space for the community.
- New fieldhouse for multipurpose use and enriched with school spirit.
- An elevated fitness track is an important aspect of the community.
- A new wrestling room was incorporated into the athletic complex with adjacencies to the fieldhouse and fitness center.
- Athletic support spaces include a training room, hospitality suite, community room, locker rooms, storage, and officials suite.