Roselle School District 12 in Roselle, Illinois, required mechanical and energy savings renovations at Spring Hills Elementary and Roselle Middle School. Existing equipment at both buildings was beyond their life expectancy and resulted in high energy and maintenance costs. The school passed an operating referendum, and Performance Services was selected to implement a performance contract to design and implement the project. At the same time, the district pursued interior renovations and opted to hire an architect and general contractor to complete the second project at the school during the same time period. This required detailed and careful planning and scheduling by both project teams. Both projects were successfully coordinated and completed before the 2018 school semester.
- Replaced aged boilers with 6 new high-efficiency boilers
- New ceiling tiles
- Rooftop units, exhaust fans, VAV, and fan-powered boxes
- Classroom thermostats that control temperature and detect humidity and CO2
- Upgraded all exterior and interior lighting to LED lighting
- New, non-proprietary building automation system