In early 2018, MSD of Southwest Allen County chose MKM Architecture + Design to do the architectural design for additions and renovations at Lafayette Meadows Elementary. Additionally, the District had hired a general contractor to implement the construction phase of the building renovation. However, the District had yet to address the needs of the new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP) that would be part of the renovation. The District chose to use an innovative design-build approach for the development of the MEP systems at Lafayette Meadows Elementary Schools.
Performance Services was selected after responding to a request for qualifications and proposal to implement the design and installation of the MEP using the design-build delivery method. MSD of Southwest Allen County and Performance Services worked closely together to pick the best design for the school. The District was given different options and Performance Services provided an analysis of each system along with the return on investment (ROI) to ensure the best long-term solution was chosen for the project. This project was completed before the start of school in August 2019.
- New Central plant with high-efficiency boilers and chillers
- Vertical classroom units in the 5-6th grade addition
- New heat pumps for the additions and renovations in the other portions of the building
- Updated LED lighting (interior and exterior)
- New electrical panels
- Upgraded security system
- Extended the fire protection system to encompass the new school area
- Extended building technology systems into the new additions