In the summer of 2021, Ysleta Independent School District approved a sports field lighting improvement project with Performance Services. The project spanned seven high schools, including Bel Air, Eastwood, Parkland, and Ysleta that had illumination levels significantly below IESNA recommended levels.
Benefits of the project include improved illumination levels, wireless lighting controls, dimmable sports field lighting, removal of eight unused pole transformers, high efficacy low energy use lighting, 60,000+ hour lamp life, and a ten-year warranty on new fixtures. The project also included training on the operation, maintenance, and control of the new LED lighting.
- Replaced sports field lighting at seven high schools
- Removed 492 total existing fixtures
- Installed 546 total sports field lighting fixtures
- Installed 15 total pole-mounted area flood lights
- Wireless lighting controls with dimmable features
- Ten-year warranty on new fixtures