Paul Trull served in Greenville, Hitchcock, and North Lamar School Districts prior to serving the Paris Independent School District for 31 years, the last 14 of which as Superintendent. With a total of 44 years of experience, Paul has worked as a teacher, coach, athletic director, assistant principal, principal, assistant superintendent, and superintendent. Since retiring, he has served as interim superintendent of two school districts as well as an education consultant. Throughout his career, Paul has always prided himself on hard work, teamwork, honesty, integrity, and treating all with dignity and respect. While Superintendent of Paris ISD, Paul led the community in successfully passing a bond issue for a new high school, the first ever district-owned football stadium, and improvements to all campuses. In addition, Paul led Paris into a successful Tax Rate Election.
Paul and his wife Ann, who is also a long-time educator, live on a lake outside of Paris, Texas. They are proud of their two sons and their wives, as well as four beautiful grandchildren, all of whom reside in Austin, Texas. Paul enjoys being with family and friends, golfing, fishing, working on the farm, the great outdoors, and traveling.
- Harvard Graduate School of Education - Leadership and the New Technologies, 1998
- Southwest Texas State - Post Graduate Work, 1984
- East Texas State University - Superintendent Certification, 1987
- East Texas State University - Masters in Education, 1972
- East Texas State University - Bachelor of Arts, 1968
- Paris Junior College - Basketball Scholarship, 1964-65
- Crisis Prevention Institute - Trainer Certification
- Texas Rural Education Association
- Texas Association of Community Schools
- Texas Association of School Administrators, Honorary Life Member
- Texas Teachers Federal Credit Union, Board Secretary