Tom is dedicated to the world of law enforcement and safety. He has 20 years of law enforcement experience as both a Deputy Sheriff and Sheriff of Ripley County. As the Ripley County Deputy Sheriff, Tom experienced first-hand the impact of correctional facility design on day-to-day operations of the Sheriff's Office through a major correctional facility renovation project. Because of this experience, Tom understands the importance of using a trusted, experienced, and qualified partner for correctional facility additions, renovations, and new construction as it can save counties both time and money in the long run.
As the Ripley County Sheriff, Tom led the Sheriff’s Office into the new age of technology. He strongly promoted efficiency and effectiveness in law enforcement for Ripley County and the surrounding communities. Tom led the county law enforcement with fairness and integrity, demonstrating that a Sheriff could exercise executive authority without coercion. He maintained exemplary relationships with state and local governments and associations affiliated with law enforcement.
In 2014, Tom retired from the position of Ripley County Sheriff and has spent the last five years with Northern Clearing, Inc., Cintas Corporation, and now is the Safety Director at Crum Trucking, Inc. His police and private training makes him highly qualified to ensure that all safety standards are strictly adhered to. Tom is most importantly a dedicated husband and father of twins.
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, 1998
- Ball State University - Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice/Criminology, 1997
- Vincennes University - Associate of Science Conservation Law Enforcement, 1995
- OSHA 510, 511
- OSHA 30/10
- OSHA Investigation
- National Safety Council CPR & First Aid Instructor #2095679
- CHASE DOT Drug Testing Collector
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College General Course Instructor
- Breath Test Certified through Indiana State Dept. of Toxicology
- Graduate of Reid Interview and Interrogation
- Active Shooter Instructor
- Firearms Expert