Fire and Police Station Rehabilitation
The City of Garrett Police and Fire Station was in need of several repairs to make the building a more comfortable place to work, given that the employees are in and out dressed in full gear. The City selected Performance Services to complete a guaranteed energy savings contract that would bring several improvements to the building. These include a new roofing system, upgraded and efficient HVAC system, LED lighting upgrades, and building envelope improvements.
- New roof with 2-year warranty that meets Indiana energy codes
- High-efficiency variable speed rooftop unit
- New variable air volume boxes
- Retrofit existing light fixtures with LED bulbs
- Install occupancy sensors and LED lighting dimming capabilities where necessary
- Upgrade windows
- Install weatherstripping to prevent drafts
- New aluminum doors on east side of building
Business development manager
The COVID-19 pandemic brought immediate impacts to municipal budgets. Here are some practical steps cities and towns can take to increase revenue and decrease costs.