Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Sales Planning and Execution
- Builds sufficient pipeline to meet or exceed annual sales goal
- Develops and uses strategies and pre-call plans to maximize sales call effectiveness
- Qualifies early and disengages from deals that aren’t a fit for PSI or client
- Cultivates relationships to win new business and expand existing accounts
- Orchestrates the appropriate PSI & client resources to take control of the deal
- Tailors the sales message to resonate across multiple buying audiences
- Conveys industry & technical expertise with decision makers and influencers
- Educates clients on ways to improve their business (“Commercial Teaching”)
- Designs strategic and creative business solutions in collaboration with the team
- Teaches for differentiation to justify PSI methodologies and to handle objections
- Generates an emotional attachment to PSI’s value with decision makers & influencers
- Uses insightful discovery questions to identify and influence business needs
- Challenges client’s conventional thinking to create new opportunities
- Crafts business justifications that address financial responsibilities to the community
- Creates compelling events & navigates client through a committee buying process
- Integrity - We act with integrity; truthful, fair and honest.
- Continuous Learning – Is a continuous learner focused on constant improvement; embraces new technologies.
- Exceed Expectations - Work hard to exceed client expectations.
- Compassion – We are stewards of PSI supporting its growth & ability to help those in need.
- Accountability – We take responsibility for our actions and decisions.
- Results Oriented – Puts direction on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Demonstrates assertiveness in achieving personal and team goals.
- Initiative – Stays focused on results and objectives, despite environmental and organizational changes. Exhibits executive polish when presenting with decision makers and influencers.
- Decision Making – Makes decisions that are practical, timely, and aligned with the beliefs and values of the company. Decisions are action-oriented and collaborative.
- Results Driven – Possesses the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others. Fosters win-win relationships through collaboration and consensus building.
- Communication – Collaborates in a way that is goal oriented, yet motivates and engages others in an enthusiastic way. Puts emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups in a persuasive and poise communication style. Earns trust by keeping promises and living up to commitments.
- Adaptability – Recognizing and adapting to changing conditions. Achieves balance between working independently and being a good teammate.
- Office functions will primarily be performed at PSI’s main business office or local branch
- Some overnight travel will be required.
- Travel encompasses 20%-40% of the position
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years of experience with working on project teams required.
- 3+ years of experience with leading project teams required.
- 3+ years of executive level sales experience required.
- 5+ years of business development experience preferred.
- Experience in working with K-12 school corporations, municipalities and/or higher education preferred.