What are the benefits of water management?
Water management can offer many benefits to state and local government. Some of these benefits include:
- Reduced water and sewer costs: Low flow water conservation devices reduce water usage and costs as well as sewer costs.
- Weather-based irrigation controls: This type of control system saves water usage and cost especially during the hot summer months.
- Reduced energy usage: Low flow water devices reduce the amount of hot water used which, in turn, reduces the amount of energy used to heat the water.
- Reduction of unbilled water: Replacing old, inaccurate water meters and distribution piping can result in increased revenues for the water district.
- Wastewater treatment energy usage: Wastewater treatment plants are one of the largest users of energy within a city. Plant upgrades and aeration optimization can dramatically reduce energy usage and save money.