Guaranteed Energy Savings Projects - Phases 1-10
Contract (Phases 1-10)
Annual Guaranteed Energy and Operational Savings (Phases 1-10)
Community Unit School District serves nearly 14,000 students in Wheaton, Warrenville, Carol Stream, Winfield, and West Chicago, Illinois, in a 25-square mile area. There are 20 school buildings comprising the campus. Performance Services was hired to implement a guaranteed energy savings project in three project phases to improve indoor air quality and replace failing mechanical equipment. Phase 1 began in 2013, and Phase 10 will be complete in 2021.
"It is worth noting that with any good partnership, the quality of the people who work with you is vital. From the sales team to the engineers to project management staff, Performance Services has a team of quality individuals who are knowledgeable and professional."
Assistant Superintendent for Business Services
- Installed fan-powered relief, high-efficiency boilers, domestic hot water heaters, variable speed frequency drive replacement, and VAV conversion
- Conversion to dual temperature heating/cooling system
- Vertical air handling units in classrooms
- Central plant digital control system
- High-efficiency lighting
- District-wide controls upgrade
- Chiller replacement at Wheaton North High School
- New boiler and variable frequency drive installation at Pleasant Hill Elementary
- Boiler upgrades, pump replacements, vertical classroom units, air handling units, and ceiling/casework at Washington School
GUARANTEED ANNUAL ENERGY SAVINGS
- Phase I: $53,927
- Phase II: $24,047
- Phase III: $31,924
- Phase IV-VIII: $11,429
- Phase IX: $50,962 (energy and operational savings)
- Phase X: $725,873 (energy and operational savings)
The tools and technology used in M&V have changed and improved dramatically. Advanced M&V or "M&V 2.0" promises several advantages for building and energy managers, but has yet to realize its full potential.
With a focus on improving the learning environment and reducing electric and gas utility costs, Hamilton Southeastern Schools implemented a guaranteed energy savings project that produced a dramatic net savings of $5 million.