Dr. Thomas Randle joined the Performance Services team in 2023. With over 40 years of experience, including 26 as a superintendent, he is a seasoned education leader revered by peers and community members. Dr. Randle retired after 20 years of leading Lamar CISD in Houston. During his tenure, student enrollment increased from 16,000 to 38,000, and staff has gone from 2,200 to over 5,400, making Lamar CISD the second-largest employer in Fort Bend County. The district has also successfully passed five bond elections totaling more than $1.3 billion.
Under his steady leadership, Lamar CISD became known around the state for academic excellence. It has twice been recognized by Texas School Business Magazine for best practices, earned the H-E-B Excellence in Education Award for Best Large District and had four campuses named National Blue Ribbon Schools. Academically, Lamar CISD is one of the state’s largest districts to receive an “A” rating by the Texas Education Agency.
- Oklahoma State University – Doctorate
- Texas A&M University – Master’s Degree
- Texas A&M University – Bachelor’s Degree
- Region 4 Superintendent of the Year – 2001, 2017
- Texas Educational Support Staff Administrator of the Year – 2004
- Texas A&M’s John R. Hoyle Award for Education Leadership – 2012
- One of the Top 50 Black Professionals and Entrepreneurs of Texas by d-mars.com – 2021
- The Texas Alliance of Black School Educators recognized Dr. Randle by naming a statewide award in his honor in 2017