Multi-Phase Energy Conservation Project
Performance Services completed a design-build energy savings contract for the third largest high school district in Illinois as part of a major campus renovation initiative. The project consisted of a three-building, fast-track summer campus renovation. The main focus of the project at Glenbard East, Glenbard South, and Glenbard West include a new science addition, air conditioning, central plant modernization, and energy conservation improvements throughout the campus. Upgrades included enhancing the air delivery systems to provide 20% outside air to the campus. The final phase of the project was completed in 2018. That same year, Glenbard West High School and Glenbard North High School earned the Energy Star Award. You can read more about the award in the press release below.
- Optimal Learning Environment (OLE) in classrooms, to include air conditioning, consistent temperatures, proper indoor air quality, appropriate humidity levels, low mechanical noise, and appropriate lighting levels
- A design and construction process that included Open Book pricing that guaranteed best value choices and low-cost pricing for the school district
- Fast-track schedule completion of the complex project in time for the start of school with high customer satisfaction
- Annual guaranteed savings $6,978,279
- Expected energy and operational savings over 10 years: $60 million
Solar PV Projects
In September 2015, Glenbard East High School added a 2 kW solar energy system with a battery backup. This system will make one of their classrooms net-zero, as well as provide power to the lights, electrical outlets, and HVAC during power outages. On top of these energy benefits, the solar system will provide the students with a first-hand educational experience of a renewable energy system.
Performance Services was selected again in 2020 to complete a $2.7 million roof-mounted solar project at Glenbard East High School. The project includes over 2,900 solar panels. The solar array is expected to generate an average annual production of 1.4 million kilowatt hours of electricity and will be completed in November 2020.
business development manager