After an initial energy study, Fairview Independent Schools selected Performance Services to help meet their project goals. The main client objective was to fund this project mainly through utility and operational savings while still achieving their goals including implementing a solar array at the district.
The project includes upgrading and consolidating district-wide controls to enable the maintenance staff to remotely schedule and monitor equipment. The district also prioritized the long-term investment of installing a roof-mounted solar photovoltaic array which will decrease Fairview High/Middle School’s electricity use by 37% annually. Excess savings from the base measures will help fund the addition of LED athletic field lighting to the softball and baseball fields which will enable them to host evening night games and practices which was a big goal for the district. Additional measures include interior and exterior LED lighting, building envelope improvements, water conservation, controls for the diesel engine block heaters, and telecommunication upgrades.
Project Scope Phase:
- Install a roof-mounted, 215 kW solar photovoltaic array for generation of electrical power at the High/Middle School
- Implement building envelope improvements
- Install interior and exterior LED lighting
- Upgrades to the Telecommunication system
- Implement a district-wide controls upgrade
- Water conservation measures improved