After an initial energy study, Fairview Independent Schools selected Performance Services to help meet their project goals. The main client objective was to fund this project mainly through utility and operational savings while still achieving their goals including implementing a solar array at the district.
The project included upgrading and consolidating district-wide controls to enable the maintenance staff to schedule and monitor equipment remotely. The district also prioritized the long-term investment of installing a roof-mounted solar photovoltaic array, which will decrease Fairview High/Middle School’s electricity use by 37% annually. Excess savings from the base measures will help fund the addition of LED athletic field lighting to the softball and baseball fields, enabling them to host evening night games and practices, a big goal for the district. Additional measures include building controls, interior and exterior LED lighting, building envelope improvements, water conservation, diesel engine block heater controls, and telecommunication upgrades.
Project Scope Phase:
- Installed a roof-mounted, 215 kW solar photovoltaic array for generation of electrical power at the High/Middle School
- Implemented building envelope improvements
- Installed interior and exterior LED lighting
- Upgrades to the Telecommunication system
- Implemented a district-wide controls upgrade
- Water conservation measures improved