Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Solutions
We partner with our customers to determine what water and energy reduction strategies can have the biggest impact on the bottom line and contribute to a sustainable future.
Benefits of Water Management
Smart water management can offer many benefits to state and local government, including helping to become a digital leader and Smart City. Some of these benefits include:
- Reduced water and sewer costs: Low flow water conservation devices reduce water usage and costs as well as sewer costs.
- Weather-based irrigation controls: This type of control system saves water usage and cost especially during the hot summer months.
- Reduced energy usage: Low flow water devices reduce the amount of hot water used which, in turn, reduces the amount of energy used to heat the water.
- Reduction in non-revenue water (NRW): Replacing old, inaccurate water meters and distribution piping can result in increased revenues for the water district.
- Wastewater treatment energy usage: Wastewater treatment plants are one of the largest users of energy within a city. Master energy plans, plant upgrades, pump improvements, power conditioning, aeration optimization, and more can dramatically reduce energy usage and save money.
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (Smart Water Meters)
Implementing an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) network utilize an automated water meter reading system and can provide real-time data on water consumption patterns for cities and towns and their residents. These wireless, smart water meters can detect leaks and inefficient systems while monitoring usage to reduce costs and lower water consumption by up to 27%. Water meter replacement projects offer customers these benefits:
- More accurate water usage data: Newer water meters can provide real-time water consumption data to both the utility and customers.
- More accurate billing process: Hard water, debris, age, and deterioration can reduce the accuracy of analog meters over time, leading to lower measurements and the possibility of unbilled water use. With more precise meter readings, municipalities can bill more accurately.
- Increased revenue: Reducing the amount of unbilled water due to better distribution and more accurate meter readings can increase utility revenue.
- Reduced wear and tear: Real-time water consumption data can provide more proactive service in identifying and resolving issues and leaks.
Financing a water project doesn't have to impact the bottom line. In fact, it can be financed and then repaid with the guaranteed energy savings generated by the water improvements through an energy savings performance contract. Learn more about this procurement method here.
Water Meter Replacement Process
With our years of experience, we understand that implementing an advanced metering infrastructure project is an important decision. Performance Services is here to support you and your stakeholders in every way possible. We have the proven experience and processes to make your transition to a smart city or town as simple as possible, including assisting with a residential campaign to ensure your community is aware of and prepared for the project. Check out some of our recent projects here.