Dr. Matt Gibson
Dr. Matt Gibson completed 31 years as a superintendent in the State of Wisconsin, starting in three K-8 districts, continuing in a medium-sized K-12 district, and finishing with 17 years in the largest of the high performing school districts in the state.
One of Dr. Gibson's distinctions was working with community groups and school boards to develop long-range facilities plans, phase them as needed, and conducted $95 million in successful capital referenda to fund them at School District of Elmbrook and Fox Point-Bayside School District.
Dr. Gibson has worked with architects, construction managers, school board members, and community influences. Reflections from these experiences include the core values of:
• Long range planning and phasing as needed
• Engaging deeply with majority and minority school boards and community interests
• Ensuring best possible, long-term use of referenda generated dollars to address needs such as aging infrastructure, inefficient mechanical systems, and tired spaces often with amazing potential for repurposing
Now retired as a superintendent, Dr. Gibson works part-time as principal of a program for international high school students, senior consultant with a superintendent search firm, and as educational facilities consultant for Performance Services. These consulting roles provide opportunities to continue to work with students, school boards and superintendents.
- Ph.D - University of Wisconsin-Madison, Educational Administration 1993
- Master of Science - University of Wisconsin-Madison, Educational Administration 1975
- Bachelor of Music Education - University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, Music Education 1972
- WASDA Thirty Year Service Award as Superintendent of Schools in Wisconsin 2011
- Wisconsin Forward Mastery Achievement Award (Baldridge), SD of Elmbrook 2009
- Public Policy Forum Award for Transparency and Ethics, SD of Elmbrook 2008