Bernard retired as Superintendent of Pleasanton Independent School District in 2011. His 35 years in public education were spent as a teacher, assistant principal, principal, and superintendent. Since retiring he has filled several short-term positions as Interim Superintendent.
Throughout his administrative career, Bernard focused on enhancing education for all students while increasing education effectiveness, improving the learning environment, and reducing excess costs and burdens on educators. While Superintendent at Pleasanton Independent School District, Bernard led the District in successfully passing a $12.1 million dollar bond for improvements to district facilities. Bernard is excited to come on board as a consultant with Performance Service and work with a company that has the same values that he had as an educational leader.
When not at work, Bernard enjoys spending time with his wife, five children, and eight grandchildren.
- Texas A&I University - B.S. General Agriculture with Certification in Vocational Agriculture, 1979
- University of Houston - M.S. Administration and Supervision, 1987
- Texas Association of School Administrators
- Texas Association of Community Schools
- Texas Association of Secondary School Principals
- Rotary Clubs, Member and Officer